Monday, May 9, 2011

accountability

Oh the joy in having someone or something hold you accountable. It's something I think most of us can not manage without. We need community because we need accountability. Good ol' checks and balances.

I have made a few resolutions through much prayer of ways that I can sacrifice and stay continually in God's peace, light, joy, and new life. However, sacrifice is not an easy thing to be diligent and disciplined in. Hence, the need for accountability. My dear friend Joy has agreed to provide such a service for me and I will try my best to do the same for her.

I'm excited about this journey, not because I have high hopes that I will not mess up (as I already have!) but because I'm choosing to go on a journey instead of falling backwards thinking I can just be stagnant and complacent for the rest of my life. I'm choosing to try. I'm willing to take a risk, and every time I get discouraged, to continue journeying.

This past week was not the best in sacrifices and prayer time, but the beautiful thing about a Monday is that you have a whole new week ahead of you to surrender even greater than last week. What I must remember is that the "Lord will fight for me." (Exodus 14:14)

For those of you who are lacking community and accountability, I encourage you to find one person in your life who can call you on to greatness and vice versa, and ask them if it's something they will pray about as Joy did for me. Then just see what happens from there. Accountability begins with a choice to go on a journey and to desire more than a mediocre life. After all, Christ came that we may have life and have it abundantly! (John 10:10).

Christ's peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment